I’m going to be completely transparent here. My car is filthy. I have had my car for almost two and a half years and have only gotten it cleaned twice. I have cleaned it myself a handful of times as well but other than that I’m probably the WORST person to be writing this blog post.
However, I started The Minimal Mama not because I’m an expert at minimalism, frugality, or cleanliness but because I wanted to build a community of mamas so we can figure this out together. So if you struggle with keeping your car clean the way I do, I searched through Pinterest for some hacks that I am certainly going to try!
I found three articles with some amazing tips. Although, I won’t, nor do I need to, try every tip on each article, I picked out my favorite hacks and left the link for you to check out each one if you’d like.
- Clean vents with a foam paint brush.
- Slide the seats forward before vacuuming.
- Use toothpaste to clean headlights. (I’m not sure if this actually works but if it does, this is so genius!)
- Wipe down the interior of the car with a coffee filter.
- Clean wiper blades with alcohol to prevent smears on the windshield.
- DIY air freshener with 5-10 drops of essential oil on a clothespin.
- Use an old sock, Windex, and a travel cup to clean cup holders.
- Brush dirt out of seams of the seat with a toothbrush.
- Shampoo the seats in your car with diluted all-purpose cleaner, a sponge or scrub brush, and washcloths.
- Spray your dirty floor mats with stain remover and throw them in the washing machine.
Now I have 10 new hacks to convince my boyfriend to try out on my car!
Do you see any on this list you’re going to try?